Sunday, December 7, 2008

How did it get to be December?

My last post was on Thanksgiving, the day that we graduated our first class of Nuru Health Representatives!!!!!
 The day before that we graduated ALL the Nuru members for attending Base Education Agriculture Training!!!

I attended my first Nuru Health Representative's training of THEIR Nuru Group on Malaria Causes, Signs/Symptoms, Prevention, and Treatment. 

We gave treatment tabs and a needle and thread to each Health Rep to use on the nets of the group members. I saw a completely RIPPED up net - OH MY GOSH! I HAVE GOT to get a supply of nets to this place.

We said goodbye to Jake this week, and now we are all packing and getting ready for our last 3 days in the field, before our Christmas break back in the States. Man, I'm going to miss this place and these amazing people!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love it! I'm so excited that their own people are now ready to train others in health care! Way to go, Janine!