Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a life...

So I'm sitting in our house on Friday morning at 10am waiting for everyone to be ready to leave and go to Kisumu. I know nothing about Kisumu except it's supposed to have movies and good coffee. I'm very excited! ;) 

I'm in the midst of a great life. I am living the dream that was somehow sealed in my heart. Last night I stood under the amazing stars and just offered up thanks and prayers to a God I trust with my life! And I just stood in wonder at how vast he is - the sky is always a great point of focus for me when I pray. It is a physical resemblance for me of how God is Omnipresent! The sky is EVERYWHERE at the same time. Pretty incredible. And last night, was the actual first time that I thought that stars look like diamonds. They twinkle so much here. It's incredible. 

I'm listening to a beautiful song called "From the Inside Out" - some of the lyrics are - My heart and my soul. I give you control. Consume from the Inside Out Lord. Let justice and Praise become my embrace to love you from the Inside Out. Everlasting your light will shine when all else fades. Neverending your glory goes beyond all fame. And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise.

And to be honest, this didn't strike me until now. But that was the exact cry of my heart yesterday. 

Well, everyone's ready. I'm gonna ride out. More when we return on Sunday. Grace and Peace! J

1 comment:

noahwvu88 said...

J9...I am so sorry but this is the first time that I have gotten on Nuru's website and I am regretting not doing it until now. I got to see your face and hear your voice! Two things we def miss in the states. I know that you are doing an amazing things and I knew that you would end up going to Africa or some other crazy place. I love that Hillsong song and especially "and the cry of my heart is the bring you praise". Our hearts cry out to God even though we are a broken people. The beginning of the song says "a thousand times i fail, still your mercy remains, and should i stumble again i'm caught in your grace". I think about you everyday and cannot wait to see you again. Your brother in Christ and with much love. Miss your face!

Noah